Four community partners help us maintain a welcoming environment in our Tami Best Emergency Shelter Program for participants through our Adopt-a-Home Program. Bradley Angle has been serving survivors of domestic violence for 40 years and more than 50 adults and children reside at these single-family homes every single year.
You can help survivors escaping abuse have what they need by adopting a home today.
When you sign up to sponsor a home, we invite you to decorate the space with paintings, curtains, lamps, and other housewares. We also ask you to provide the following items on a quarterly basis:
- Bedding (homes have at least 1 double bed and 1 twin size bed)
- Towels and washcloths
- Laundry baskets
- Waste paper baskets
- Shower caddies
- Bathroom cleaning supplies
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, cotton swabs, razors, and shaving cream)
- Pots and pans
- Dishes and silverware
- Kitchen towels
- Kitchen cleaning supplies
- Laundry detergent
As a room adopter, you have many options for making your quarterly donation:
- You’re welcome to go shopping locally for your room and deliver items to our Resource Center* during business hours.
- Amazon.com and Target.com also have great online stores where you can shop and send shipments to our Resource Center* Attn: Adopt-a-Room program.
- If you don’t have time to shop but you’d still like to support, that works too! Simply donate $400/quarter online and our staff will do the shopping for you!
*The physical and mailing address of our Resource Center is 5432 N. Albina Ave., Portland, OR 97217.
Our Adopt-a-Home Partners