Nine community partners help us maintain a welcoming environment for participants through our Adopt-a-Room program. Bradley Angle has been serving survivors of domestic violence for 40 years and more than 100 adults and children reside at our emergency shelter every single year.
You can help survivors escaping abuse have what they need by adopting a room today.
When you sign up to sponsor a room, we invite you to decorate the space with paintings, curtains, lamps, and other housewares. We also ask you to provide the following items on a quarterly basis:
- Bedding (most rooms have 1 double bed and 1 twin size bed)
- Towels and washcloths
- Laundry basket
- Waste paper basket
- Shower caddy
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, cotton swabs, razors, and shaving cream)
As a room adopter, you have many options for making your quarterly donation:
- You’re welcome to go shopping locally for your room and deliver items to our Resource Center* during business hours.
- Amazon.com and Target.com also have great online stores where you can shop and send shipments to our Resource Center* Attn: Adopt-a-Room program.
- If you don’t have time to shop but you’d still like to support, that works too! Simply donate $150/quarter online and our staff will do the shopping for you!
*The physical and mailing address of our Resource Center is 5432 N. Albina Ave., Portland, OR 97217.
Our Adopt-a-Room Partners
Amber & Alan Shoebridge