Named in memory of the mother of a former Bradley Angle employee, The Tami Best Emergency Shelter Program is a safe haven for adults and children fleeing domestic violence, providing residents safe and confidential shelter through four, single-family properties for up to eight weeks.
During this time, our dedicated team of advocates work with survivors to identify what they need to rebuild their lives, and connect them to the resources available.
Services provided in the Tami Best Emergency Shelter Program include:
- Comprehensive safety planning
- Clothing, food, and toiletries
- Help with housing, financial, and legal issues
- Job assistance
- Financial education
- Transportation assistance
- Health and wellness assistance (including drug, alcohol and mental health counselling)
- Workshops and support groups (including activities for children and youth)
The program is dedicated “The Tami Best Emergency Shelter Program” in memory of Tami Best, who died a victim of domestic violence at the age of 42.
To learn more about the Tami Best Emergency Shelter Program call our Shelter Access Line at 503-281-2442.