If you are experiencing domestic violence and are in need of urgent help, please call Call to Safety at 503.235.5333. If you are in life threatening danger please call 911.
The Bonnie Tinker House was one of the first emergency shelters in the country, and the first on the West Coast. It is named after Bradley Angle’s co-founder. Our Tami Best Emergency Shelter was named after a victim of domestic violence related suicide and mother of a former employee.
Both shelters provide a safe haven for adults and children for up to eight weeks. During this time, our dedicated team of advocates work with survivors to identify what they need to rebuild their lives, and connect them to the resources available.
- Comprehensive safety planning
- Clothing, food, and toiletries
- Help with housing, financial, and legal issues
- Job assistance
- Financial education
- Transportation assistance
- Health and wellness assistance (including drug, alcohol and mental health counselling)
- Workshops and support groups (including activities for children and youth)
Our Shelter Access Line is 503.281.2442
This resource received support from The Reser Family Foundation, Dennis & Phyllis Washington Foundation, and Rotary Club of Portland.