Domestic violence is defined as a pattern of behaviors perpetrated by one person against another to establish and maintain power and control. These behaviors may be physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, sexual or economic, the common theme being their intent to intimidate, manipulate or hurt the other person.
Remember, you’re not alone—you have choices.
You can also learn more by exploring the resources below.
- The Facts on Domestic, Dating and Sexual Violence
- National Network to End Domestic Violence
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Northwest Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian, and Gay Survivors
- A Guide to Domestic Abuse Information and Resources on the Web
- HIV/AIDS and Intimate Partner Violence Toolkit
- What is Reproductive Coercion?
- Domestic Violence Information and Resources for Youth