The Rent Well Tenant Education Program is a 3-week course designed to help people who may have difficulty renting due to histories of homelessness, addiction, mental health concerns, criminal backgrounds, evictions, poor credit, domestic violence, and other barriers. This course will help address those barriers and increase your ability to gain stable housing!
During this class, we will:
- learn how to identify potential screening barriers
- learn how and why a landlord screens potential tenants
- review important personal records; such as credit, civil, and criminal reports
- create an individualized plan for stable housing
- build a household budget that makes paying rent a priority
- review rental agreements to understand common terms and expectations
- learn how to communicate effectively with neighbors and landlords
- learn how to move-in and move-out of rental units in a professional manner
- learn about the eviction process and how to avoid it
- learn how maintain a clean, safe, and healthy home
The course begins on October 5th and will be held every Monday and Thursday at 10am for 3 weeks. Due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be held virtually via Zoom.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be held virtually via Zoom.
|Start Time:||10:00 am|
|End Time:||12:30 pm|